Friday 18 February 2022

Storm Eunice

Such a windy day today. I worked at the supermarket first thing and when I came out at 8am the roads were just so quiet I wondered what had happened! I didn’t realise they were closing the schools early for half term to avoid the storm.

I picked up B and driving home there were several trees down and even a field shelter had blown up against a hedge. I walked all the dogs and went into work .. forgetting that I work at a school and it would be closed! 🙄🤷🏻‍♀️  It’s a private school and I just think of it as a business.. There was a huge tree down in the car park. 

I’ve been mulling over an idea these past few days.. I used to (many years ago) organise fairs in village halls for maker/sellers of beautiful hand crafted items.. the fairs gradually turned into social events really as all the makers got on so well. It was something that we all enjoyed. I’m thinking of hiring my local village hall for a few hours on a Sunday for some crafty/sewing people to get together. I can supply nibbles and drinks, but I just thought if I advertised it locally for a date in April, people could bring sewing machines and crafty projects, and just have a meet up and sew and craft. So much has been cancelled these past couple of years, and I think other people must be lonely too and just want a good chat with people who have things in common. And I really hate Sundays! It’s my worst day -even though I work in the morning till 8. It’s still a sad day for me. Anyways I think I will look into it. 

So as work was cancelled today I’ve just been indoors with the dogs and cat not doing much -when I actually have so much to do! I promised myself I would list one thing on eBay a day and do one small bit of sewing as well. Failed miserably at those lately!  But I’m hopeful for next week as it’s half term and I’ve got my days free to catch up on everything hopefully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sewing and life

 Goodness I can’t believe a week has passed since I was last on here. I just don’t seem to stop.. which is good in one way, but in another i...